Host School Requirements:
Before requesting or inviting an Amity participant, please make sure that you are aware of all the host school requirements:
Host Family Recruitment
Mentoring and Support
The following financial responsibilities should be taken into consideration by the Host School.
Amity Administrative Fee:
The amount varies depending on the length of the assignment. This fee is not a "visa fee" but covers all administrative and
counseling services provided by Amity. Please inquire about fee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$150 a month minimum
• Paid to the Intern (holidays included)
• May be prorated according to beginning and ending assignment dates
• Transportation to and from the nearest airport, train station, or bus depot upon arrival and departure
• Local transportation to be arranged to and from school, in the form of a ride with the Host Family, staff member or other
parent, school bus, or local bus pass. Participants are responsible to arrange their own transportation in their personal time.
Host Family Recruitment
The following applies to all Host Family living arrangements:
• Free room and board for the participant should be arranged with a family/individual in the community or on campus housing
• Participant must have a private bedroom
• Participant can live with multiple families, but each family should host for a minimum of eight weeks.
• Amity Coordinator must visit each prospective home to confirm living conditions, discuss arrangements and clarify
expectations prior to the participant's arrival
• Participants should not live with the Supervising Teacher or the School Coordinator
• Amity Institute provides support for recruitment with materials/advice
• Housing information must be submitted to Amity and the participant at least three weeks prior to arrival.
Mentoring and Support
The Host School's Principal oversees the assignment, following the program guidelines and assigns a staff member as:
Acts as a mentor to the participant throughout the assignment; works closely with the participant to develop curriculum,
lesson plans and classroom activities; evaluates performance and provides regular feedback.
Oversees the assignment as a whole; ensures program requirements are met; recruits and monitors Host Families; assists the
participant in establishing social contacts inside and outside of school; keeps in regular contact with the Amity Institute;
serves as a mediator in any sensitive situations with the school or Host Family. Schools may choose one staff member to play
both roles, or ask a member of the PTA to act as Amity Coordinator.
STEPS TO INVITING AN AMITY PARTICIPANT
Amity recruits qualified Interns in cooperation with overseas representatives, or Screening Officers, who interview potential
candidates worldwide. Screening Officers are international education professionals, including Fulbright Commission
employees, professors, and sometimes Amity alumni.
Schools can request applications from the Amity Admissions Department:
1. Complete the Request Form and email or fax it back to Amity
2. Receive applications of qualified applicants
3. Contact applicants directly for phone interview
4. Choose your candidate and return the Invitation Form to Amity
5. Wait for Amity's confirmation of participant's acceptance
6. Maintain regular communication with your Program Counselor and participant to ensure that any relevant information and
documentation is passed on to Amity Institute
If you would like to request a Cultural Exchange participant and review our current applications please send an email to:
HOST SCHOOL OVERVIEW
Welcome to the Amity Institute Cultural Exchange Program
for university students and recent graduates. Founded in
1962, the Amity Programs were based on the belief that
language learning and cultural exchange are essential to
building international friendship and cultural understanding.
This philosophy still remains at the core of the program
today. We know that the relationships formed during an
assignment have a powerful and long-lasting impact on the
lives of all participants and the wider school community.
The Cultural Exchange Program provides opportunities for
international participants to share their native language and
culture and assist in the classroom under the guidance of a
certified American teacher. We welcome your application
and request for a participant.
Amity Institute handles all the administrative paperwork
associated with visa sponsorship. Each participant will be
assigned to an Amity Program Counselor who will guide
them through the visa application process, and provide
ongoing monitoring and support. In addition Amity Institute
will provide the following services in regards to the
Health insurance for the participant offered through a
respectable insurance provider
Orientation materials for all participants
Orientation seminars in areas with a high concentration of